All I Need
by dbzlives

Disclaimer: I've said it before and I'll say it again for the slow learners who haven't caught on: I don't own Digimon.

A/N: I've been wanting to write this fic for the past year or so, but never got around to writing it at Christmas time. So here, in the end of an unseasonably cool May, is the fic. Yet another part of my kid sister's birthday present, as this year I lack the money to buy her a real one. ^_^

I suppose this can be blamed on all those happy, perky fics in which person A's parents disapprove, but person B corners the parents and tell them how much he loves person A, and the parents then accept it. Come on people, that's not real life.

Warnings: Shounen ai. Come on people, they don't even kiss! Sappy and angsty and WAFFy.

***

Christmas this year had been unseasonably warm, with only a thin scattering of snow on the ground. Takeru had more than made up for it with his exuberant decorating of their apartment. Now, two days after Christmas and a heavy snow finally falling, he was taking the decorations down.

Ken was curled up in a chair staring out the window, his new book temporarily forgotten. Intense eyes watched the snow fall without really seeing it, for he was lost deep in thought.

His thoughts were abruptly halted when he found himself with a lapful of Takeru who was intent on putting bits of silver tinsel in his hair.

"Um... Takeru, what are you doing?" He sweatdropped mildly at his boyfriend's antics. Christmas tended to make him overly perky.

"Decorating you, of course."

"Might I ask why?"

"The tree's already gone. Besides, it looks better on you anyway."

Ken felt himself smiling. "Right. I'm not even going to pretend to understand that reasoning."

Takeru made a face, but didn't seem inclined to move from his cozy position. The two sat in silence for a moment. Takeru broke the silence quite suddenly.

"You're missing them, aren't you?"

Ken was silent for a moment. "You know me too well."

To say Ken's parents hadn't taken his relationship with Takeru well would be the understatement of the millennia. They hadn't spoken to their son in four and a half years, but it was on holidays that their absence was the strongest felt.

The silence dragged on, until Takeru once again felt compelled to break it. "Do... do you ever wish you'd done it differently, not said anything, so they'd still be with you?"

Ken looked at him sharply. "My parents.. I miss them, and wish they'd be with me. But I knew the chance I was taking when I told them, and I took it anyway simply because you're all I'll ever need."

The two held each other close, and for that moment in time, nothing else mattered. Parents and society and all else that would stand in their way seemed irrelevant, so long as they could be with each other.

 

Back