When it Rains it Pours
Chapter Two - The Clouds
by Ishida Takeru

Yahooey, second part. I actually plan on making this a series...I hope.

Takeru: You hope. You say that about a lot of fics. Then they sit half done for months.

Shhhh. Leave me lone. Okie, now as I was saying this is Shonen-ai. If ya don't like it, don't read it. If you read the first part you know the pairing. This part also has a bit of Kensuke and some Daikari. Whoopey dee. As always read and review. Read the first part...if you don't yuo'll be lost.

 

"Well, then you're just have to come inside my place. Getting sick isn't the best thing to do on the weekend."

Takeru blinked a few times. Ken had always been, well antisocial. "Okay...." It wasn't polite to refuse an invitation. Takeru followed Ken up towards his apartment. He hadn't been inside the apartment, so he was wondering what he would see. For some reason he was expecting a ton of high price equipment.

"What were you doing out there, anyway?"

Takeru blinked out of his thoughts. "Running."

"That much was obvious."

Takeru did his best to grin the comment off. He really couldn't tell if Ken was being sarcastic, or was trying to crack a joke. "Well, it's really a long story..."

Ken pushed the door open to his apartment. "And you probably don't want to talk about it."

Takeru considered the comment for a few moments. "I was actually looking for someone to talk to. Of course, that just ended up making things worse." Takeru followed Ken through the house blinking.

"How so?"

Takeru blinked a few more times as he looked around Ken's room. It wasn't anything like he had pictured it. He was expecting all kinds of equipment. Nothing this bare. "Well, I went to talk to Hikari." Takeru let out a low sigh. "And I walked in on her and Daisuke kissing."

Ken looked away at that. He hadn't told anybody, but he had an interest in Daisuke. It couldn't be called a crush, since it started with his being the Digimon Kaizer, and wanting to crush Daisuke under his boot. "Ouch." Was all he said.

Takeru folded his arms as he leaned up against a back wall. "And I bet, they'll expect me to grin and move on. And be my cheerful self." He shrugged a bit. "Everyone seems to expect it from me."

"You don't seem to disappoint them."

Takeru frowned. "There's more to me than just that. I mean, I more than just a cheerful person. Half the time it's just a front."

Ken sat down on the bed. "I can understand that. If you don't show that one side of you for even a moment..."

"Everyone thinks there's something wrong. It's annoying, sometimes I wish I could just drop it entirely. But, part of that person who I really am. The last couple of days has been horrible as it is."

"Sometimes, you just need someone to tell your problems to."

"Like a psychiatrist. I'm not a head case." Takeru removed his soaked hat.

"No, you can just save your money and talk to a friend who you trust. A friend who understands you."

"Like you?"

"What do you mean me?"

"Two plus two equals four, genius. You talk about it, and then you mention talking to a friend who understands you. You're that person."

"I was thinking more of somebody else."

"Did you know people are like books?"

Ken cocked an eyebrow. "You're going off topic."

"Hear me out." Takeru said. "See, Daisuke is a comedy. Miyako is one of those romance novels. And you're a mystery. You contradict yourself all the way until the end. And you just have to keep reading to find out the truth."

"Am I that intriguing?"

Takeru gave a small shrug. "Well,...yeah."

Ken stared towards Takeru. He hadn't noticed the blonde all too much before. Maybe, it was because of is fascination with Daisuke. But, now he had. Takeru's wet hair framed his face, a face seemingly deep in thought. With Daisuke, Ken knew that conversation wasn't going to be a strong point. At first he figured the same about Takeru. But, again he was wrong. To be truthful, he didn't have fond memories of the blonde. The last was of their fight. It had taken him down a couple of pegs.

"Do I have something on me?" Takeru asked blinking.

"No, I was just thinking."

"Well, since I told you my thoughts. You get to tell me yours."

Ken folded his arms. "When did we make this deal?"

"It's a rule."

"I'd like to see these rules."

Takeru grinned a bit. "Give me a piece of paper, and I'll write them down for you."

Ken stood walking towards Takeru, he had no idea why he was doing it in the first place. It just felt right, if things could feel right for him. Ken stopped a few inches away from Takeru and leaned forward placing a hand on the wall for support.

Takeru blinked as Ken stepped up to him, he opened his mouth to question him, as the words were forming he was silenced. Ken's lips were pressing against him. He blinked a few times, before his eyes widened in shock. As the kiss broke he was still blinking, trying to regain his baring. "W-why?" he finally said.

"Two plus two is four, genius."

Takeru stared forward. What did that have to do with anything. In fact, what was going on. Ken had just kissed him, but he didn't fight it. It had to be shock, that was the only answer. "I have to go..." he muttered making his way towards the front door.

"Takeru...I'm sorry." Ken's apology was said to a closed door.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Takeru kept running back towards his fathers apartment. What was going on, first Hikari si kissing Daisuke. Then Ken is kissing him. Why did Ken kiss him? And why couldn't he think clearly. He just had to think about the situation. Finally, he slowed down to a walk letting the rain gently pelt his body. Things just seemed to be falling to pieces.

"Okay, so he kissed me." Takeru mumbled. "It only means he's...that way." Takeru opened the door to his fathers apartment. "That's no big deal."

Yamato looked up as Takeru walked in and stood up. "Hey, Squirt. About earlier..."

"It's okay."

"I just wanted to apolo- It's okay?"

Takeru nodded a bit. The little fight was the least of his worries. He had to figure out what Ken was thinking.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Ken looked up at the ceiling. What was he thinking? Takeru probably wouldn't talk to him. It was hard enough having everyone else rarely talk to him. But, for once he felt, what did he feel? It was understanding in a way. Takeru was so open. Ken felt like he could tell him anything and not be shunned. Was it acceptance? He didn't really know. All he knew was that he had to call Takeru.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Break!

Takeru: It's another cliffhanger.

Not really, it's just stopped here.

Ken: When did you ask me to be in this fic?

Quiet you. I'm trying to decide what happens next...

Ken: How long will this take.

Takeru: Oh, he'll decide in a few hours.. Though it'll take him weeks to actually write it.

-_-; Leave me lone.

 

Back   Forward