When it Rains it Pours
Chapter Five - The Sun
by Ishida Takeru

Ken stretched his arms over his head. A wave of pain shot through his body burrowing itself in his neck. "I'm never sleeping like that again." He mumbled looking towards the other end of the couch. The blonde boy was mysteriously missing. "I wonder where he went. Takeru-kun..?!" He called out.

"Oi, I'm just getting out of the shower." Came a reply.

Just getting...out of...the shower. Hentai, don't think like that. "Bad thoughts." Ken mumbled as he rubbed at his eyes.

"Whut ore bad toughts?" Takeru asked leaning over the couch, his toothbrush hanging out of his mouth.

Ken blinked and rubbed the back of his neck. "Nothing. Er, shouldn't you be wearing a shirt. It's a bit cold."

Takeru blinked looking down at his bare chest, before removing his toothbrush. "It's not that cold, but thanks for worrying." He grinned and headed back to the bathroom.

Ken let out a sigh of relief. "Is he that naive, or is he doing all of this on purpose?" He mumbled before picking up his bag. "Are you finished in there?"

Takeru appeared fully dressed. "All yours, I'll start on breakfast."

Ken nodded as he past Takeru and entered the bathroom. HE quickly turned on the cold water. Cold water, that was a blessing in disguise. Quickly he got out of his clothes and stepped in letting the water run down his body.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Takeru whistled as he started cooking. He wasn't the best cook, but he had learned some things from his brother. In the end, he cooked the two things he knew he wouldn't burn. Eggs and French Toast. It wasn't a five-star breakfast, but it wasn't bad either. "I am the Iron-chef!" he yelled raising the spatula above his head.

"Sure you are."

Takeru grinned pointing the spatula at Ken. "do not mock the Iron-Chef, for he controls breakfast."

"Hai hai, what's for breakfast Iron-Chef" Ken couldn't help but snicker at the name.

Takeru dawned his best French accent. "On the menu today is ze scrambled oeuf and ze Toast de Francais."

"You don't even sound French."

Takeru folded his arms. "I have French relatives, I hope you know."

"And I'm sure they would be appalled at your silly accent."

Takeru grinned placing a plate in front of Ken. "You're probably right!" Takeru opened the door to the refrigerator and put a jug of orange juice on the table. "Oi, the food doesn't bite."

"I think I saw my egg move."

"You mean its not dead?" Takeru said grabbing a fork and began to poke the egg without mercy.

"I think you got it." Ken said with a small smile.

"Good, that'll teach that egg to mess with..." Takeru help the fork in the air, causing a bit of egg that was left on it to go flying. "The Iron-Chef!"

Ken shook his head laughing lightly. "Didn't your mother tell you not to play with your food?"

Takeru sat down beside Ken with a plate of his own. "But, if I didn't play with my food, it would get lonely."

The rest of breakfast was ate in silence. They both were too busy eating to really comment on anything.

"You're a good cook."

"I told you I was the Iron-Chef." Takeru said as he washed the dishes.

"Let me help you."

"Noooo, you're the guest I'll do the dishes." Takeru put the last plate away. "Besides, I'm done already." Takeru turned around flashing a 'victory' sign. "Oi, what do you want to do today?"

"It doesn't matter much to me."

"Hm. We could play basketball!"

Ken raised an eyebrow.

"Or not. Hm, we can take the ferry and I dunno."

"What's on the fairy?"

Takeru shrugged. "Nothing, it's just fun to ride."

"Sounds good." Not really, but I don't really want to play basketball.

"You don't sound to enthused.."

"Gomen. I'm just not used to doing anything really."

"We'll have to fix that!" Takeru said grabbing Ken by the arm and dragging him out of the apartment.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Takeru pointed at someone water-skiing. "I wanna do that! Looks like a lot of fun."

Ken smiled a bit. "You want to hanggliding, parasailing and water-skiing too."

Takeru nodded. "Of course, it'll just take a bit to do everything."

"Of course."

"I know, when the fairy stops we can hang out at the arcade!"

"Hai." I don't even like arcades, why am I saying yes? I'd feel really bad if I said no, though. I wish he wouldn't wear that hat though. He'd look much better without it.

"Oi." Takeru waved a hand in front of Ken. "Ken-san, we've stopped."

"Oh, right right." Ken said following Takeru off the ferry. "Hn, Takeru. I have a strange question."

Takeru turned looking over his shoulder. "Haaaai."

"Why do you wear that hat."

Takeru looked up pondering the question for a bit. "I dunno. Mainly, because it was a gift from my grandparents."

"You'd look better without it." Ken mumbled in response.

Takeru blinked a few times before taking the hat off his head and placing it in his pocket. Not one word was uttered from his mouth as finished the task.

Ken raised an eyebrow and opened his mouth to say something. This is weird. The only time I remember him without that hat was when we were fighting. And, here I mention something about it and he just takes it off. This is perplexing.

"Aha! We're here." Takeru said turning into the arcade. "Sugoi. It's gotten bigger since I was younger."

All around were hundreds of flashing lights and games. Every game that could have been there probably was there.

"I'm not much into videogames."

"Videogames are boring. They have skee-ball and tons of basketball games and 'The Claw."

"The Claw?"

"Yeah." Takeru made motions like the little green aliens on Toy Story. "The Claaaaaaw." He then pointed at a machine filled with stuffed animals.

"You do realize those are rigged, right?"

"Naw, you just have to know which prize to go after." Takeru explained as he practically hopped up to the machine. "See, if the feet are stuck then you won't be able to get the toy."

"Is that so."

"Yup. Watch." Takeru grin as he put some money in the machine. A few moments later a blue and green caterpillar was deposited in the prize bin. "Ta-da." Takeru grinned and handed the stuffed bug to Ken. "Here you go."

Ken looked down taking the prize. "Arigato." He said quietly.

"You know what I like about the game." Takeru continued without Ken asking what it was. "It's a metaphor. One moment you're minding your own business and the next you're dropped in a totally new situation."

Ken nodded a bit, pondering the statement. You really can't judge a book by it's covered. You would never tell he would say something like that by the way he looks. This isn't a crush, I think it's more.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Takeru pushed open the door as they arrived back at his apartment. I think I like him. I should tell him or something. "Oi, Ken-san." The next few words came out just above a whisper. "I like you."

Ken looked up from where he was staring at the caterpillar. "Nani?" Did he say what I think he said.

"I said I liked you too. And, I'm willing to give this all a try." That sounded so stupid. Like it was some scrimmage or something. "You're not kidding, are you?"

Takeru shook his head. "I've thought about it for a long time." Agonized is more like it. "And, I came to the conclusion that I like you too. And that...I" Takeru stumbled over the words. "would, I would like to go...to...ask...to give it a shot."

"Hai"

"Okay." Takeru smiled weakly and hugged Ken. "I don't think shaking on it would have been right."

Ken nodded briefly as he was hugged. "Right." He looked up only to be met with an innocent kiss on the lips. A simple peck, nothing really more. But, it still caused Ken to blush faintly.

Takeru smiled a bit as he stepped back. "I guess, you have to be going, ne?"

Ken nodded slowly. "I don't want my parents to get too worried." He slowly gathered up his things.

"See you tomorrow!"

Ken nodded once before stepping out the door. He stood there for a moment, brushing a hand over his lips. "Thank you."

Takeru flopped back onto the couch and laughed quietly to himself. Who would ever had though that he would be with Ken. It was amazing what life could throw at you sometimes.

 

Back   Forward