Game-related
   Game designs
   Bestiary
   FMVs and CGI
   FF Anthology
   Armory & Items
   Music
   Cast List
   FF OVA

Fan Creations
   Fan-art gallery
   Fan-fiction
   Misc. Works

Others
   Miscellaneous
   Updates
   Links
   The Staff

FF Image Shrines
   FFI-IV

 

FFV: Toki no Hourousha (The Wanderer of Time)
Chapter 3: Fate In Haze



     Waves crashed upon breakers with a violence not seen in centuries, accompanied by deafening crack of thunder and the painful howls of the wind. A small carrack set off from the shore, escaping the approaching troops, its standard decorated with a blue flying dragon rampant and two spears crossed behind it. And, standing on the poopdeck watching the approaching troops was a strawberry-blonde man of average height, yellow-amber eyes gazing out to a homeland he may never see again.
     He sighed as the rain hid his tears, and turned to look back at the crewmen doing their best to use the storm to their advantage. His right-hand woman, a one-eyed assassin named Azhi Dahaka, stood at his side in silent vigilance.
     "My own brother exiled me," he said softly, looking again out to the troops on the shore. Azhi's one undamaged eye shifted coldly to gaze at what her master saw. "Why would he do such a thing?"
     "Ormazd merely desires power, and you are too obvious a threat to him, Lord Ahriman. After all, it is you that inherited King Zurvan's power, and you who are seeking mastery of the Void. Ormazd's only concern is the throne, and the temporary power it gives him."
     "That throne belongs to me, for I am firstborn!" Ahriman snarled at his subordinate, taking private pleasure in her flinch. "No matter, I will return and take back Tycoon by force if I have to. And when I return, I will have full mastery of the Void." Ahriman's eyes grew cold with immeasurable hatred. A grim smile flitted across his face and grew into an almost charming grin as his gaze returned to Azhi ...causing a chill to run down her spine. "Dear Brother's made a fatal mistake when he exiled me instead of killing me outright.
     "No matter, we will find refuge at Crescent, and build up our power from there." He stared out into the ocean in thought for some time. "And from hereon, I will be known as Enuo."
     Azhi looked away, doing her best to hide her nervousness. 'Enuo', that was the first of the holy words uttered by some ancient goddess of Lonkan beliefs, its meaning was 'oblivion', and used to refer to the Void in which the cosmos would be placed. The words she uttered afterwards brought forth the Four Crystals, and from them she shaped the world and everything in it.
     She retained her cold aloofness as she watched the play of lightning across dark clouds. "A rather sudden change, but I will alert our minions of that, my Lord. Anything else?"
     "Well, dragonlady, the rest will have to wait until we've settled in a new home. Then you shall be commander of my troops."
     High above, watching, was a spirit whose physical body would only exist a thousand years afterwards. He watched like a scholar observing ancient history unfold before his eyes, mere interest sparking in his eyes.
     "And so it begins..."

     Ridha woke up with a start, hunger gnawing at his stomach. Grimacing, he rose from the all too soft and warm bed to slip into his robes and grab his gloves. The rosy colors of the dawn flooded through his room as he opened the red muslin drapes with a wave of his hand, and he turned to look at the room he hadn't bothered to check over the night before when he had collapsed in bed in exhaustion. The servants had meddled in his room after all, despite his continuous demands that they leave his room alone unless he specifically asked they clean anything. He glared, annoyed, at his uncluttered desk and rearranged books, at the candles placed out of the arrangement normally used in the practice of more ritual-based magics, and at his collection of crystals placed in a box instead of strewn in a circular pattern interceded by four candles set on meter-high stands.
     He took in a deep breath, suppressing his annoyance, and picked up his staff on his way out of the room. The mage strode through the corridors and stairwells, giving a brief nod of acknowledgement to the occasional early-rising servant busting around the castle as he passed them. Every now and then the memory of his dream gnawed as persistantly as his hunger, and he wondered faintly why it had been so vivid. But that would be better pondered over a full stomach.
     As he rummaged through the giant pantry for something to eat, he sensed the presence of another coming up behind him, and the mischievousness in the aura of the girl. He grabbed a small loaf of bread and jam and turned to catch the girl's finger as she reached out in an attempt to tap him on the shoulder, and she responded with a startled yelp.
     "Sneaking up on people, eh? That is not nice, and Mother would be so very upset if I were to have a heart attack because of your prank," he said, slight amusement in his voice. He let the short blonde girl go and passed her to pick up utensils and a plate in which to cut the bread, and sat at a table nearest the hearth.
     She blinked at his words, and huffed in annoyance. "Well, sister, you shouldn't be wandering around the kitchen this early. Can't wait for breakfast?"
     Ridha stared at her for a bit, surprised at what she had called him, and chuckled inwardly as he toyed with a thought he refused to make too obvious. "Actually, no, I plan to nibble on something, go back to my room, and put my spirit-circle back in order, which should take about a day to get perfect. You are new here, correct?"
     The girl sighed and took a chair across from the mysterious person. Her employer had introduced everyone on the kitchen staff yesterday, and this red-haired girl didn't look to be from any of the other regions of the castle. "Actually, yes, I am. Ilona Zoyechka of the village of Moore. Was hired yesterday morning, introduced to the staff, and stuff like that. What about you, girl, how long've you been here?"
     "Oh, I was born here," the red-head said, grinning almost prettily. "Moore, eh? You apparently have some Bal blood in you, Zoyechka is a Balish name, means 'life'. You are a long way from home just to be employed in a kitchen maid's duties."
     She crinkled her pixie-like nose in a grimace. "Yeah. I came here hoping to join the dragon knights, but I don't have the strength and agility to be one, they said. So here I am, without any money, hoping to squirrel away enough to buy myself passage to Surgate. Or Walse, or anywhere but home. How about you? You're a pretty lady, though I've never seen those kind of robes before. Are you a lady of the court?"
     
Ridha bit back a chuckle and took particular interest in spreading jam on the cut slices of bread. "I suppose you could say that.
     "Regardless, getting to talk like this with another is refreshing. People are usually scared stiff of me. It is nice to see a new face in the castle, especially from so far away."
     "You still haven't told me who you are, Yellow-Eyes. And if you DON'T tell me I'll continue to call you that!"
     Ridha looked up, almost amused by the naive curiosity in her wide blue eyes. "If you insist. Ridha Lucian ibn Highwind. I am not really sure of my age, for I dwell outside of time, though supposedly I should either be five years of age or seventeen. Anything else?"
     He watched as realization slowly dawned in her face, and she blushed in embarrassment.
     "Oh my god, you're the Prince! Wow, I'm sorry for thinking you were a girl, I didn't realize! Forgive me, lord?"
     He laughed softly and nibbled on a slice of bread. "There is nothing to forgive, I find this all rather amusing. Mother used to get confused for a prettyboy a lot of times long ago, it is probably natural that I get confused for a girl. Want some bread?"
     Ilona fidgeted nervously with the apron of her uniform. "Um, sure, thanks. If you want, I can fix a better breakfast than that. No, I insist, I'll have to make up for the insult somehow!"
     "It was no insult, Miss Ilona. Though, yes, I would appreciate a full breakfast. Would do it myself, but like Mother I cannot cook if my life depended on it," he said, grinning.
     The maid curtsied and bustled off to gather ingredients. As she did so, Ridha watched her aura react with the natural motions of the air and the earth's electromagnetic field with interest before speaking up as she took her place before a stove.
     "You would be wasted as a military grunt," he called out. "Magic should be your calling; I suggest summoner class, or possibly animal mediation."
     She turned to look at him in surprise. "You think so, lord? I've never thought of that. But I don't have the money to go to one of those big training centers like Mirage or any of the Crystal Shrines."
     Ilona put down her spatula and clasped her hands together in thought. "You're Prince Ridha, everyone says you're the most powerful mage in the world right now...Forgive my presumptuousness, but would you be willing to take in an apprentice? I won't be a bother, I promise!"
     He blinked in surprise, then coughed as he nearly choked on a piece of bread. "Eehhhh ...Well, I am still learning myself, and do not think I'm quite ready to teach anyone else of yet. Sorry to disappoint you ..."
     The girl's face fell before she quickly covered up her disappointment with a cheery smile. "Ah well, maybe later. Want any milk?"
     "No thanks, I am allergic. There should be orange juice in the coldbox left over from yesterday, if you could get that instead, I appreciate it."


     Lenna woke with Butz's arm tossed over her during the night, and as she rose, pulled it carefully off and by his side. It was still early morning, though later than she was used to getting up. She looked down affectionately at her lover's sleeping face, and planted a light kiss on his cheek before pulling out of bed to dress.
     She always did feel like she was merely a replacement for her sister in Butz's eyes. She remembered when the Wind was courting Fire, how the two would always fight when given the chance, how Faris would mutter bitterly that Butz was only interested in her body, how Butz would grumble to himself that Faris insisted on getting her way or that she was too demanding... She remembered how they were both cheating on each other: Faris with a member of her former crew, Butz either disappearing for months at a time in the wilderness or trying to curry Krile's interests to incur jealousy; and how, after two years of this, Faris announced that she wasn't going to put up with Butz anymore and came into the open with Benjiro. Furious, Butz went off once again on his travels, not to appear again until word came out that Faris was pregnant, and no one knew yet who the father was. He returned to Tycoon, hopeful that maybe the child was his, but when the boy was born and proven to be Benjiro's son, Butz went off yet again like a wounded wolf into the wilderness.
     That had been years ago, and when Butz returned again, Lenna admitted her long-suppressed love for him, and he finally returned her feelings. Or so he said. She knew, deep inside, that she didn't have her sister's wild, untamed beauty or the fiery spirit that first drew Butz to her, and it saddened her somewhat. But, at least she had him now, and with that thought her spirits brightened.
     Lenna pulled on a simple dress of damask the bluish-green color of the waters of Crescent, embroidered in pink and silver with patterns of fish and waves along the hems and ruffles. She pulled her ever-present pendant over the collar for display, and checked herself in the mirror. There should have been servants in to help her with her dress, but they were absent... Ridha probably informed the servants that she was not to be attended to today, as he did whenever Butz or Benjiro were present. Out of respect for their privacy, she presumed, though that action tended to fuel the servants' rumors rather than quench them.
     She sighed and wrote out a note for Butz telling him she would be attending to the small breakfast banquet and that she'd send a servant up later to attend to his needs should he want it, and left the room.


     Night came to Bal, and with it, two large ravens riding the wind, their concentration fixed less on their destination than how to maneuver in insufficient light. One gave a harsh call, and he was answered, much to his relief, for he had feared that his companion would be lost in the darkness. He heard a call from his comrade of a different pitch, and looked in the direction his comrade suggested. A welcoming glow from the window of their mistress' dwelling came into view, unhindered by trees. And, relieved, Hugin wheeled slowly in the direction of the light and prepared for a landing, Munin following close behind.
     Krile looked up from her book when she heard the greeting call from the largest of her two most reliable ravens, and echoed by his mate. Hugin landed first on the windowsill, and the smaller one, Munin, took to a bookshelf closest to her reading-lamp. Hugin fluffed the night chill from his feathers and looked upon Krile with intelligent red eyes.
     //Mistress, we bring news of the moon-shaped land,// he said, unblinking, cocking his head in thought as he tried to translate his experiences into a summary.
     She smiled kindly at her friends, bringing out a bowl of delicately cut spiced meats. They leapt from their perches and situated themselves on either side of the shallow bowl. "I figured you two would be hungry when you'd come back, so I hope this is suitable repayment for the wonderful work you do. Now, what of Crescent?"
     //Bad spirit live under moon-shaped land, from place where nice inventors once lived, where flying ship go into sea,// Munin stated as she tore a strip of the delicate meats and swallowed it. //Same bad spirit that killed little inventor boy.//
     Krile frowned inwardly. Something ancient, sleeping in the Lonkan ruins under Crescent, was awakened when her grandfather, the sisters, and Butz discovered the ancient airship hangar. The spirit, whatever it was, did not show itself to the party for a very, very long while, bidding its time. At least until Cid died of old age, a year and a half after the defeat of ExDeath.
     She remembered clinging to Faris's arm as Cid lay on his deathbed, hearing his last words, his promise that no one would gain the knowledge he learned of the Crystals and that he burned his research to achieve that end. And as he breathed his last, she heard Mid's heart-rending wail, much like hers when her grandfather died, and she cried into Faris's arms as the pain of losing her grandpa returned. Cid was buried in the Crescent Town's graveyard shortly after, and after the memorial services, as Butz and the sisters were leaving, she heard Mid in the distance calling out defiantly against something which was not there before. She remembered racing to come to Mid's aid, only to fall to her knees in shock.
     A great monster, humanoid in form with only one glaring red eye, towered over the uprooted coffin of Cid Previa, the lid knocked off and the old man's skull shattered. In the beast's hands was Cid's still living mind, and before him was a painfully small and insignificant-looking Mid. As Mid protested once again, the beast made a gesture and a searing red-hot lance of compressed air flashed through Mid's tiny heart, and he fell, dead. Krile recovered her strength and ran towards the monster, drawing out the Masamune and preparing for a downward slice that would cause considerable damage. But he disappeared, Cid's throbbing brain still in his clutches, and she fell with the force of her lunge. Sobbing, she reached out to the body of the little boy who had been her dearest friend, and pulled him close as her tears drenched his flaxen hair.
     And now that monster was back, apparently. Her eyes closed with remembered pain, and the ravens chirruped reassuringly to her.
     "The beast is planning something, then?"
     //We are not sure yet, but we know it is called RaDevil, and we think it may be what is controlling the man called Amit Senwe...that is name of moon-shaped land flock-leader, yes?// Hugin queried as he ate contently, though troubled by the distress this news was causing his mistress.
     She nodded and looked at the two feeding birds. "Do you have anything else? What they plan or anything?"
     //Not yet,// Munin stated as she began to clean her feathers, having been done with her meal for the moment. //Though we will continue to watch. While we could have passed this information among other birds, thus preventing such long trips, this is more secure. Seagulls talk too much, and to anyone willing to listen.//
     "I thank you, my friends, both for the effort and the risk you put into this. Anything you need, just ask and I'll be more than happy to comply."
     Hugin and Munin seemed to puff up in pride, exchanging glances before Munin spoke up. //We will do anything for the Light Warriors who saved this world and its balance. All my mate and I would ask for is a place to nest and safety for our eggs, and assurance that, were neither of us present, the eggs would receive the best of care.//
     Krile smiled and plucked a few of her golden hairs from the tight ponytail in which they were entrapped. "You have my word, and may I be the first to contribute to the nest. I know how you birds love a soft lining, so take these if it'll help."
     Munin fluffed again and squawked her thanks, taking the strands into her ebony beak. //So you don't mind us taking up a small space above your window? We would consider the dragon's weyr, but we do not trust that species.//
     The queen of Bal laughed. "You don't trust any species! But you have my permission, and I'll tell the servants to be careful with the nest.
     "And now, I have to go to bed. Good night, my friends, and sleep well."
     The birds squawked an acknowledgement and flitted together to an old towel carefully thrown on the reading table that served as a makeshift nest, crooning softly as Krile blew out the candles and submerged the room in darkness.


     Ridha's fingers traced a line of blue spirit-fire over the span of three inches, and ended it with a tiny circle. He then placed a small shard of clear quartz in the circle, and began another line at the other side of the circle, repeating the intricate pattern perfectly and from memory.
     The proceedings for the spirit-circle, where he would do most of his experimentations, meditation, and dallying with greater powers than most mages would ever access in their lifetimes, was going faster than usual. Realising that, he puffed up a bit in pride and continued with his work. The circle was more than halfway done, and it was only a couple of hours until noon. Given that, and another hour to bless the circle and implement a small forcefield to prevent unwanted intrusions, he should be done at about mid afternoon.
     It was a pattern Ghido taught him, one of but many lessons that helped him discipline his powers. When he was growing up on his mother's ship, he had been just a white mage at first, but when he realized his more destructive powers he had to learn black magics on his own. He had asked for and been granted permission to go to the Ancient Library, and was frustrated when the scholars didn't know enough to help him with anything beyond low level magics. So he dallied in everything he could get his hands on, obsessed in trying to find his true place in life, and obsessed with the image of the purple-haired girl chained and gagged in Ullean's cabin, always wavering on the brink of life and death until at last he found the key, cured her as much as he was able to, and helped her escape. She was his only friend then, and part of his true drive for mastering whatever magic he could stemmed from the need to prevent such a thing from happening again.
     It was when he was introduced to the wise sage Ghido by Faris that he finally found true direction in his life, and during one of his first lessons with Ghido he stumbled upon the Void; and awed, he sat and began studying everything he could about it.
     Now I have all the power anyone could ever gain without becoming a god, he thought to himself. Mother will never be hurt again, not while I still have this power. If anyone knew the true extent of what I can do, though, some idiot would probably assemble a ragtag party of four, have them build up their power, and try to have me killed off. Pity, I rather like the current Light Warriors.
     He checked his thoughts, and smiled grimly to himself. I sound like a damn evil villain in one of those old Light Warrior stories the scholars like to talk about. 'As long as hate exists, so shall I,' et cetera... Hmm, maybe I should look into turning into a tree-beast, or a big ugly monster, or maybe a cloud of darkness. Amusing concept, but really, everyone knows the Light Warriors of any era wins anyway. Whatever god there is, he likes to play games. Besides, Mother would probably disown me, and that I'd rather not deal with...
     The magelord blinked in surprise as he realized his circle was done. He stood, refusing to acknowledge the pain in his weak, strained muscles and picked up a special black-hilted mithril athame made especially for such rites. With a mere thought the incense and elemental candles were lit, and the altar set up in the middle of the circle.
     He pointed the ritual dagger's blade to the east, watching as silver-blue spirit-fire erupted from the blade of the athame and touched the first crystal. It glowed, as did each crystal after it as he traced the circle once again with the flame while he turned clockwise until at last he closed the circle.
     "I consecrate this circle of power to the Ancients. Here they may manifest and bless their child. This is a time that is not a time, in a place that is not a place, on a day that is not a day. I stand on the threshold between the physical and spiritual worlds, before the Veils of Mysteries. May the Ancients help and protect me on my journey..."
     He continued for some time, his voice remote and soft as he intoned the ancient words. He failed to notice the presence of the Warrior of Wind until he dismissed the elemental powers and cut the spirit-fire circle, and started in surprise as he caught sight of Butz.
     "Didn't know you were religious, Ridha," he said softly, looking with interest at the intricate pattern of quartz crystals and salt strewn in the shape of a circle. "You do this often?"
     The magelord coughed nervously and pulled his gloves back over his hands. "Well, if I need to invoke the powers of the Crystals, I do. Otherwise, not really. The ritual is rather calming, though, so often I do it anyway. The physical part of the circle, though...some idiot servant swept up the salt and put away all the crystals some time yesterday, so I had to spend most of today putting it back together. Why did you come in, anyway?"
     Butz smiled and stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Lenna was getting worried when you wouldn't come up for lunch, and sent me up to check on you. Thinking of eating anytime soon?"
     "I do not see why not. I do hate it when I have to acknowledge that my body needs more fuel than my soul does."
     "You're just as human as the rest of us, kid, despite what you want to think otherwise."
     Ridha sighed and wandered over to his desk, inviting Butz to sit with him. "Do you ever feel so alone that you would rather be far away than in someplace like here?"
     "Always," Butz sighed, taking a seat on the only spare stool in the room. "That's why I wander off into the wilderness, you know? Something complex comes up and my first instinct is to high-tail it into the mountains until it's over. Can't do it all the time though. Quite frankly, I hate it here ...too many people, too many jokes made in my expense, politics enough to make me want to either scream or flee..."
     "Jokes, Uncle?"
     "Ah, like that 'chocoboffer' jab your dad made at me, which I get more than enough of no matter where I go. Chocobos are great creatures, but really, the innuendo some people make is ridiculous! Not like anything can be changed now anyway..."
     "Most people tend to mock loners. You should hear some of the things the servants are whispering about me, especially since I have no romantic or sexual interest whatsoever in anyone."
     "It's that rumor going around that you're a little too attached to Mom, isn't it? Yah, I've heard ...just as silly if you ask me. But anyway, going to come to have a late lunch or something? You need more meat on your bones, kid."
     Ridha smiled and stood from his chair. "If you insist, Uncle, though as much as I could eat, it only gets burned off the moment I pull a major spell."
     "You know, if you drop the mysterious act for a bit, you could be real great company on a journey," Butz said, grinning, as he got up from the stool and made for the door, being careful not to scruff the salt lines of the pattern on the floor. "I mean it, you should drop the books one of these days for about a week and disappear into the woods. It's great traveling with only one companion and your instincts, with no intervention in sight and only the speech of animals and the whispers of the wind to hear."
     "You know, after the threat to Mother is over, I might consider that. Mother would be upset though that I'd be losing myself in the wilderness with the likes of you and no one else for company. And think of the rumors that could get started."
     "Hmm, point taken."
     Ridha turned and gave an impish grin. "It could be fun though.. .Just to see what wild imaginations the servants have. But ah well, I'll race you to the kitchen!"
     "Hey, no fair teleporti-... aw hell," Butz muttered into the empty air where the magelord once stood. "Damn mage..."


     "So, when and how are we going to get to Karnac in time," Butz asked at the private dinner in Faris' royal apartment. The place had been soundproofed by Ridha... or at least something similar. To the outside world it looked as if the small party were sharing a card-game, and talking about mundane, everyday things, which suited the party's plans well enough. "We'll need to take an airship, but do we really want to risk it?"
     "I'm thinking of taking the Borak at least half-way, and steal a ship the rest of the way. For the more famous of us, we need disguises... I for one am probably going to be shot on sight if anyone recognizes me," Faris said thoughtfully, looking at a map. She took a stick of graphite and lightly traced a line across the map. "Hmm, better yet, let's have the Borak drop us off near Istory, then we kidnap a ship for the rest of the journey. I keep forgetting how much the world's changed since the worlds were reunited, and there's now a hell of a lot of land between what used to be a damn good trade route from Tule to Karnac."
     "We'll be crossing land anyway, but it's less than we would if we tried that old Tule-Karnac route you originally mentioned, Fari. Anyone considering catching some chocobos or are we gonna hike to Karnac from the west shore?"
     "Wild chocobos are rare these days, Inomoto," Butz muttered, studying the map. "We either take our own birds or hike. I have nothing against either option, but I'm sure a spoiled pirate like you would object to a day's hike."
     Benjiro shrugged and smiled at Butz, peaking the traveler's annoyance somewhat. "I'm sure you know all about those chocobos of yours. But, regardless, I have nothing against hiking myself, for I have better endurance than you, chocoboy."
     "Father, stop agitating Butz and let's get back to the task at hand, please?" The pirate captain sighed, obviously disappointed he wasn't going to be able to toy with the traveler, and looked back at the map. "Well, let's take some chocobos, we're going to need get-away transport anyway for us, Queen Karnac, and her sons. Question is, which of us are going?"
      Lenna sighed. "I wish I was, but I have to watch over the castle since my sister insists on going."
      "I know Karnac better than everyone here," Faris said, smirking as she relished the fact that once again she'd be at sea, if even for a little while. "So I better go."
      "Well, I'm not staying behind," Benjiro interjected, almost angrily as he grabbed Faris by the wrist and pulled her close. "Last time you left me behind in a bar on one of your little excursions, love, I didn't get to see you again until after ExDeath was defeated. Quite frankly, I HATE having to worry about you!"
     Butz sighed as he watched Faris try to pull her arm out of her lover's iron grip with an expression of frustration on her face. "Well, someone will have to go and handle the chocobos, so count me in."
     "And you need a master of illusionary tricks and magic, so that counts me in too," Ridha said as he absentmindedly tossed a globe of swirling colors into the air, caught it as it fell, and tossed it back up like a child would a ball. "It'd be nice to really test my powers for once."
     Lenna stood, a look of disappointment visible on her face. "I do wish I was going, but duty to the country comes first. And with that I shall retire to my quarters. Coming Butz?"
     The traveler joined Lenna on the way out, leaving the small family alone once again, and Ridha too excused himself in obvious embarrassment.
     "Are you going to let me go, Benji?"
     Benjiro yanked sharply, the action pulling his lover into his lap. "I don't plan to, dearest, not for a very, very long time. While you were out saving the world with your new friends, I had to stay at the base and keep charge of the crew, worried sick I'd lose you, or that you'd run off with that redneck from Lix. I waited too damn long to tell you I loved you, and when you finally did come back from saving the world, you were no longer an orphaned pirate, but a princess and heir to the throne of Tycoon. You have no idea how heartbroken I was when I heard you and that chocoboy were seeing each other. But now that we're together at last, and that we have a son, I can't stand to lose you, not again."
     Faris looked away, uncomfortable with the intensity of the moment. "I'm sorry, it's just... I trusted you to take care of my crew for me when I had to do something else. As for Butz, he's one of my closest friends, but when we were...involved...it was out of desperation. We were both scared ExDeath would kill us the next day, and lonely, and we sought each other out because who else would understand? I'm amazed our relationship lasted as long as it did, though. But that's in the past, and you really shouldn't tease him like you do, he's a lot more sensitive than he lets on."
     "As you wish, love..."
     "Now are you going to let me go or do I-...mmmphh..."
     Her words were cut short by his sudden kiss, and there were to be no more protests for the night.


~end chapter three~

 

Please send all comments to Ajora Fravashi

Back or to Chapter 4